Take this month's Appalachian Vocabulary Test and see how you do!
- Fuss at
- Freeze out
- Fuss at: to scold. "Just don't fuss at me. I'm gonna do it I just ain't had time yet!."
- Fruit: stewed apples; applesauce. "Sit down and eat dinner with us. We've got some soupy potatoes, cornbread, and fruit."
- Freeze out: to freeze. "Gosh it's cold out there. I froze out and had to come in."
- Founder: to overeat and become sick. "I foundered myself on greenbeans when I was young and I can't eat them to this day."
- Foreverlasting: always. "I'm foreverlasting stumping my toe on that old junk! I wish he'd clean it up!"
I hear all of this month's words on a regular basis-and use them all myself except for fruit. I would more likely say applesauce or cooked apples. But Granny and Pap-they say fruit.
So how did you do on this test?