Sometimes I give myself pep talks. Do you ever do that?
The last few weeks have been unusually busy for the Blind Pig family-oh I'm not complaining it's all good-but is has been tough to keep our full plate from spilling over the side.
If I'm feeling overwhelmed I find myself repeating phrases Granny and Pap say about work.
- Begun is half done
- If you do it right the first time you won't have to do it a second time
- If you can't do it right then don't do it all
- This too will pass
- You'll feel so good once this is behind you
- You'll sleep so good tonight once you get this finished
By far my favorite saying is the first one-begun is half done. For me-dreading a chore is usually worse than actually doing the chore. Like planting 2 long rows of potatoes and starting 200+ tomato seedlings at the end of a work day when you're not feeling particularly peachy. But as always-Pap and Granny's voices in my head were right-once the chores were finished I felt so good knowing they were completed and marked off our list.
A few other work related sayings:
- A stitch in time saves nine
- As you sow so shall you reap
- If at first you don't succeed try try again
- Make hay while the sun shines
If you've got any work related sayings to add-please leave a comment!